December 5 2016
This article focus on how to change TiVo file into MPEG-2, so that you can burn TiVo shows to DVD for watching, with a Tivo to DVD converter.
TiVo files are saved by digital video recorders in their proprietary format with copyright protection, so it's technically impossible to burn recorded TV programs to DVD without format conversion. The following guide shows you the easiest way to convert TiVo to MPEG-2 video files in order to create a real DVD for?better preservation or sharing with family and friends without any issue.
Well, as above, most DVD burner software doesn't support .TiVo file, what we do is to convert TiVo to MPEG format which is recognizable by DVD burner software. To get the work done, you can use this professional yet easy-to-use Tivo video converter app - Dimo Video Converter Ultimate. It will remove DRM automatically while converting TiVo files to MPEG-2 for DVD burning with fast encoding speed and loss-less quality.
Besides, you can also cut out commercials and only keep the footage that you actually want. If you are running on Mac, please turn to its equivalent Mac version TiVo Converter for Mac (MacOS Sierra compatible).
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate:
How to Convert Tivo to DVD for burning step by step
Step 1. Transfer TiVo shows to PC
Before you begin, make sure that you have TiVo Desktop software installed on your PC (Not yet installed, download it now.), and that your TiVo DVRs are connected to your home network.
1. Launch TiVo Desktop.
2. Click "Pick Recordings to Transfer." A window showing your TiVo DVR's "Now Playing List" appears.
3. Highlight any title in the list to see more information about the show—the same show information you have on your TiVo DVR.
4. Check the box next to the title of the show (or shows) you want to transfer.
5. Click "Start Transfer."
Step 2. Enter Media Access Key
Simply drag-and-drop your Tivo video to the program. If you are the first time using this program to transcode TiVo shows, a message will pop up asking ‘Please input the correct Media Access Key'. Enter the correct Media Access key as required and click ‘OK' to confirm.
Step 3. Load Tivo files
When the above interface appears, go back to the main interface and click ‘Add file' to load your TiVo files again to the program.
Step 4. Select MPEG-2 as output format
Click "Select Format" bar and choose "Format > Video > MPEG-2" as the output format. If your TiVo files are in HD quality, you can select ‘HD MPG’ as target format under ‘Format > HD Video’ column.
1. You can click ‘Settings’ button to custom video and audio setting like resolution, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, audio channels, etc.
2. By using trim function, you are allowed to strip out commercials.
Step 5. Start conversion
Click the "Start" button to start converting Tivo to MPEG-2 for DVD burning immediately. Once the conversion finished, you can get the output videos and burn to a playable DVD with instructions below easily.
1. Power on your computer and launch the DVD burning software. You need to have the converted Tivo video on a disk for the DVD player to read it.
2. Select video DVD on the menu of the burning software like free DVD Burner. Click and drag the MPEG-2 video into the main viewing screen of the software, title the disk and click "Burn." The burning process will begin. Depending on the size of the video file, the burning process may take a few minutes.
3. Remove the DVD from the computer once it has finished burning. Power the DVD player on and insert the disk into the drive. Turn on the TV and switch it to the video setting for the DVD player.
4. Wait for the MPEG-2 video to load up on the television screen. Press the "Play" button on the DVD player to begin the playback.
You are done.
DirectShow Dump is a free utility to extract the content of .TiVo file as unprotected MPEG.
1. Launch Downloaded DirectShow Dump.
2. Click "Add Files" and load the TiVo files you'd like to convert.
Tips: If you cannot convert TiVo to MPEG successfully, please download the Microsoft .NET 1.1 architecture, which the conversion of TIVO to MPEG may depend on, or use Dimo Video Converter Ultimate to help you.
Not only Tivo, Dimo will also transcode MP4, AVI, MKV, VOB, MXF, MTS for playback on DVD player. Making ISO for backup is allowed too.
TiVo is a brand and model of digital video recorder. It works just like any other digital video recorder (DVRs), but different from them in its sophisticated software written by TiVo Inc. . It records programs automatically —not only those the user requests specifically, but also other material the user may be interested in. It also allows the viewer to pause live television, and rewind and replay up to a half hour of recently viewed television. It has the capability to transfer the recordings to your computer by using the TiVo Desktop Software.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate:
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Windows is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 PCs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 PCs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.